- 1 Can you drink alcohol on the Okatoma River?
- 2 How long is the Okatoma float?
- 3 How long is the kayak at Okatoma?
- 4 Where can I canoe in Mississippi?
- 5 Are there alligators in the Okatoma?
- 6 Where is okatoma?
- 7 Can you kayak down the Mississippi River?
- 8 How high is the Okatoma River?
- 9 Where can I kayak in Gulfport MS?
Can you drink alcohol on the Okatoma River?
Please do not place them in the dumpster. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – Covington County is a dry county. Drinking is allowed at your cabin/campsite only.
How long is the Okatoma float?
This trip is approximately 6 creek miles and float time is 2 to 3 hours. Upper Short to Fairchild of the Okatoma begins at Seminary (MS HWY 590) and ends at Fairchild’s Landing.
How long is the kayak at Okatoma?
8 Mile Float (Rated #1) It takes in three waterfalls and several rapids. The average paddling time is around three hours but you can take a leisurely trip at your own speed with lots of swimming and family fun along the way. This is the best “day” float the Okatoma has to offer.
Where can I canoe in Mississippi?
Here, we’ve assembled six great Mississippi waterways well worth a visit with your kayak.
- Chunky River. Dunn’s Falls is a 65-foot waterfall was once used as a power source.
- Black Creek.
- Leaf River.
- Bear Creek.
- Strong River.
- Okatoma Creek.
Are there alligators in the Okatoma?
The Mississippi runs down the western border, the Tombigbee meanders along the eastern side, and minor rivers and creeks crisscross the middle. Alligators live in almost all of them. We went to Black Creek, Bogue Homa Creek, Okatoma Creek and the Bouie River.
Where is okatoma?
Okatoma Creek is a tributary of the Bouie River in the U.S. state of Mississippi. It is part of the watershed of the Pascagoula River. Okatoma Creek is popular for canoeing and kayaking particularly near Seminary, Mississippi, where there are several boat rental businesses.
Can you kayak down the Mississippi River?
The Mississippi River offers endless canoeing and kayaking opportunities and the Great River Road is a way to access this paddling resource. Boat launches and access points allow paddlers access nearly every major stretch of the river. Paddlers can access these pools from hundreds of boat launches and parks.
How high is the Okatoma River?
OKATOMA CREEK WATER LEVEL IS A LITTLE OVER 14FT.. WE CANNOT PUT ANY BOATS IN UNTIL IT DROPS DOWN AT LEAST A GOOD 4FT! SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE!
Where can I kayak in Gulfport MS?
Kayaking and Canoeing Near Gulfport MS
- Red Wolf Wilderness Adventures. Brooklyn, MS.
- South Mississippi Canoe Rental. Brooklyn, MS.
- Black Creek Canoe.
- Wayne’s World Canoeing and Tubing.
- Canoe and Trail Adventures.
- Okatoma Outdoor Post Canoe Rentals.
- Farihope Boat Company.
- Canoe and Trail Outpost / Sweetwater Canoe and Tubing.